Kingland Job Applicant Privacy Notice
Update: July 30, 2021
Kingland Systems LLC (formerly known as Kingland System Corporation and hereafter referred to as Kingland) understands the importance of privacy to our job applicants and we take our responsibility to protect their personal information seriously. This privacy notice describes the types of personal information we collect from job applicants during the application and recruitment process, the purposes for which we collect such information, and how we may use or disclose the information. Please read this notice carefully to ensure you understand our practices.
Personal Information We May Collect From You
For the purposes of this notice, “personal information” includes any information that identifies, relates to, describes, references, is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular job applicant. The types of personal information we may collect through the job application and recruitment process may include the following categories:
- Identity information — First name, last name, social security number, drivers’ license or other state identification number, and other similar identifying information.
- Contact information — physical address, email address, and telephone number.
- Educational information — schools attended, degrees or certifications earned, grades or class results, disciplinary records, or other education records and information.
- Employment information — current and former employer names, job titles, and description of job duties and responsibilities.
- Application information — information provided through the job application process, including what position you applied for, when you applied, the method used to apply, your expectations regarding salary and employment terms, and information from phone screenings or interviews.
- Background information —criminal history (in the context of pre-employment background checks), and other background information.
We collect this information directly from job applicants when they provide it through their job application and resumé, communications, and the interview process, or through publicly available sources, including online (e.g., LinkedIn). We also collect this information from third parties such as your references, vendors we use for pre-employment background screening after a job offer has been extended, and the entity that facilitates our online job applicant portal.
Kingland is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate against applicants or employees based on gender, race, race, color, creed, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, marital status, disability, age, sexual orientation, disability, genetic information or testing, HIV-positive status, veteran's status or military status, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
How We Use This Information
We use the personal information that we collect from job applicants for the following purposes based on the information collected as permitted by law:
- To consider job applicants for current and potential future employment opportunities and assess their skills, qualifications, and interests against our career opportunities. (Please note: we only use background information as permitted by applicable law.)
- To evaluate job applicants’ employment application and evaluate and corroborate the information contained in the application and any supporting documents.
- To schedule job applicants for interviews and communicate with them about their application and employment opportunities.
- Verifying your information and carrying out reference checks and/or background checks (where applicable) if you are offered a job.
- To communicate with you regarding the application process and your application, including, where appropriate, informing you of other potential career opportunities at Kingland.
- To comply with applicable laws, regulations, and legal process, including creating or submitting any legally required reports.
- To keep a record of our interactions and communications with job applicants.
- In any other way we may describe when we collect information from job applicants.
- As otherwise necessary or useful for us in conducting our business, provided the use is permitted by law.
- For the protection of our operations or those of any of our affiliates, or to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, or that of our affiliates, employees, or other parties.
- For any other purposes with job applicants’ consent.
If you are offered and accept a position with Kingland, information collected during the application process will become part of your employment record.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may share some of the personal information with third-party vendors as necessary for us to consider a particular job applicant for employment. Such vendors could include the entity that hosts our job applicant portal and the agencies we use to conduct pre-employment screening (such as background checks and drug screening). From time to time, Kingland may be required to disclose your information to governmental authorities for the purpose of complying with applicable laws and regulations or in response to legal process.
Retention of Your Information
If you apply for employment with Kingland and your application is unsuccessful or you decline our offer, we may continue to retain your information. We may do so for several reasons, including to consider you for other current or future employment opportunities at Kingland. If you do not want us to retain your information for consideration for other roles, please contact us using the information provided below.
Changes to this Policy
We may modify this policy from time to time. We will post any changes to this policy on this page and modify the effective date at the top of the page.
Questions regarding this privacy notice, our use and disclosure your information, or the application and recruitment process should be directed to:
Kingland Human Resources