Public Website Privacy Statement - July 29, 2022
We at Kingland are committed to protecting your privacy. This Privacy Statement explains how Kingland Systems LLC (“Kingland”) collects, uses and shares your information. This Privacy Statement applies to information we collect when you use our websites, or when you otherwise interact with us, including when you attend events hosted or sponsored by Kingland. This statement expressly does not govern data collected by us as a data processor under solutions provided to our clients (Data Controllers). Please click for information related to data collected under those services.
We periodically update this Privacy Statement. If we propose to make any material changes, we will notify you by means of a notice on this page prior to the change becoming effective. We encourage you to review the Privacy Statement whenever you access the website to stay informed about our information practices and the ways you can help protect your privacy.
Collection of Information
Information You Provide to Us
We collect information you provide directly to us. For example, we collect information when you fill out a form, participate in a contest or promotion, register for an event, apply for a job, or otherwise communicate with us. The types of information we may collect include your name, email address, postal address, phone number, fax number, gender, information about your company and current position, employment history, payment information and any other information you choose to provide.
Information We Collect Automatically When You Use the Website
When you access or use our website, we automatically collect the following information about you:
We log information about your use of the website, including the type of browser you use, access times, pages viewed, your IP address and the page you visited before navigating to our Services.
We collect information about the computer or mobile device you use to access our Services, including the hardware model, operating system and version, unique device identifiers and mobile network information.
Information Collected by Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies
We use various technologies to collect information, and this may include sending cookies to your computer or mobile device. Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive or in device memory that help us to improve our Services and your experience, see which areas and features of our Services are popular and count visits. For more information about cookies, and how to disable them, please see “Your Choices” below.
We may also collect information using web beacons. Web beacons are electronic images that may be used in our Services or emails and help deliver cookies, count visits, understand usage and campaign effectiveness and determine whether an email has been opened, attachments viewed, or links acted upon.
Information We Collect From Other Sources
We may also obtain information from other sources and combine that with information we collect through our Services. For example, if you connect a Kingland account with your social media account, we may have access to certain information from the company that owns or operates the social media account in accordance with the authorization procedures determined by such social media company.
Use of Information
We may use information about you for the following purposes:
- Provide, maintain and improve our website and services;
- Provide and deliver the products and services you request and send you related information;
- Send you technical notices, updates, and support and administrative messages;
- Respond to your comments, questions and requests and provide customer service;
- Communicate with you about products, services, offers, promotions, rewards, and events offered or sponsored by Kingland and others, and provide news and information we think will be of interest to you;
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage and activities in connection with our website;
- Personalize and improve the website and provide advertisements, content or features that match user profiles or interests;
- Link or combine with information we get from others to help understand your needs and provide you with better service; and
- Carry out any other purpose for which the information was collected, and which is necessarily contemplated by the collection of such information or is otherwise explicitly mentioned in the process of collection;
- Meet legal requirements.
Sharing of Information
We may share information about you as follows or as otherwise described in this Privacy Statement.
- In connection with a joint marketing campaign, seminar, marketplace product offering or other product or service offered by Kingland in conjunction with a third party, we may share your information with any third parties participating in such offering and such parties may use this information for their direct marketing purposes. Please see “Your Rights to Prevent Sharing” below for more information about this sharing.
- With vendors, consultants and other service providers who need access to such information to carry out work on our behalf;
- In response to a request for information if we are required by, or believe disclosure is in accordance with, any applicable law, regulation or legal process;
- To protect the rights, property and safety of Kingland or others;
- In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company; and
- With your consent or at your direction, including if we notify you through our website that the information you provide will be shared in a particular manner and you provide such
- We may also share aggregated or de-identified information, which cannot be used to identify you.
We may transfer, process, and store your personal information outside of your home country, including in the United States, which may not have the same level of data protection as your home country. For the avoidance of doubt, if you are resident in the European Economic Area ("EEA") this may include the transfer of your personal information from within the EEA to a country outside of the EEA. We have put in place appropriate safeguards for such transfers in accordance with legal requirements.
EU-U.S. Privacy Shield and the United Kingdom
Kingland participates in, and has certified its compliance with, the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework. We are committed to subjecting all personal data received from European Union (EU) member countries, Switzerland, and the United Kingdom respectively, in reliance on each Privacy Shield Framework, to the Framework’s applicable Principles. To learn more about the Privacy Shield Frameworks, and to view our certification, visit the U.S. Department of Commerce’s Privacy Shield List.
Kingland is responsible for the processing of personal data it receives, under each Privacy Shield Framework, and subsequently transfers to a third party acting as an agent on its behalf. Kingland complies with the Privacy Shield Principles for all onward transfers of personal data from the EU, Switzerland, and the United Kingdom, including the onward transfer liability provisions.
With respect to personal data received or transferred pursuant to the Privacy Shield Frameworks, Kingland is subject to the regulatory enforcement powers of the U.S. Federal Trade Commission. In certain situations, we may be required to disclose personal data in response to lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements.
If you have an unresolved privacy or data use concern that we have not addressed satisfactorily, please contact our U.S.-based third party dispute resolution provider (free of charge).
Under certain conditions, more fully described on the Privacy Shield website, you may be entitled to invoke binding arbitration when other dispute resolution procedures have been exhausted.
Social Sharing Features
The website may offer social sharing features and other integrated tools (such as the Facebook “Like” button), which let you share actions you take on our website with other media and vice versa. The use of such features enables the sharing of information with your friends or the public, depending on the settings you establish with the entity that provides the social sharing feature. For more information about the purpose and scope of data collection and processing in connection with social sharing features, please visit the privacy policies of the entities that provide these features.
Advertising and Analytics Services Provided by Others
If you would prefer to not receive personalized ads based on your browser or device usage, you may generally express your opt-out preference to no longer receive tailored advertisements. Please note that you will continue to see advertisements, but they will no longer be tailored to your interests.
To opt-out of interest-based advertising by participating companies in the following consumer choice mechanisms, please visit:
- Digital Advertising Alliance (DAA)’s self-regulatory opt-out page
- European Interactive Digital Advertising Alliance (EDAA)'s consumer opt-out page
Kingland takes reasonable measures to help protect information about you from loss, theft, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction. Despite these protections, however, we cannot guarantee that your data will be 100% secure. You should take measures to protect your personal information.
Legal Basis for Processing Personal Information (EEA visitors only)
Under European Union (EU) privacy law, we must have a legal basis to process personal information. In most cases, the legal bases for our processing, under EU law, will be one of the following:
- to fulfill our contractual obligations to you
- to comply with our legal and/or regulatory obligations; and/or
- to meet our legitimate interests, for example to: understand how you may use our products and services and to enable us to use this knowledge to improve our products and services and to develop new ones; to communicate with you about the products and services that you use or we offer; maintain our accounts and records; to assess patterns of use; and to plan and evaluate our marketing and business development When we process personal information to meet our legitimate interests, we put in place, when needed, safeguards designed to protect your privacy interests, freedoms, and rights under applicable laws.
If you are a resident of a country that provides you with the right to request a copy of the personal data Kingland holds about you and/or to correct any inaccuracies within such data, and Kingland is required by applicable laws to respond to such requests, then you may address such requests to the contact information provided in the “Contact Us” section below. Kingland will use reasonable efforts to supply, correct, or delete information that we hold about you or to advise you if we are not required by applicable laws to comply with such requests.
Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject browser cookies. Please note that if you choose to remove or reject cookies, this could affect the availability and functionality of our website.
You may opt out of receiving promotional communications from Kingland by following the instructions provided in those communications or by adding unsubscribe in the contact us form. If you email us to unsubscribe from our commercial email messages, please include the word “UNSUBSCRIBE” in the email subject line.
Your Rights to Prevent Sharing
Residents of California and residents of certain international countries may request certain details, pursuant to applicable laws, about how their information is shared with third parties for direct marketing purposes. If you are a resident of one of these jurisdictions, and would like to make such a request, then you may address such requests to the contact information provided in the “Contact Us” section below.
During the previous calendar year, Kingland received the following number of requests from residents of California:
|Received||Complied with in whole or in part||Denied||Median number of days to respond|
|Requests to Know||0||0||0||0|
|Requests to Delete||0||0||0||0|
|Requests to Opt-out||2||2||0||1|
Kingland Systems LLC
Attention: Data Protection Officer / Chief Security Officer
1401 Sixth Avenue South
Clear Lake, IA 50428
You may also contact us by email at Privacy@kingland.com